A volunteer driver is a person providing community transport through driving and/or assisting the client to access services in the community. The work environment can differ from client to client and may include driving a service car to the client’s home, assisting with any mobilising aids, driving the client to the destination and returning the client home. Alternatively, it may involve riding on a transport service such as a bus, assisting a client to embark and disembark, and possibly accompany the client while accessing a service.
• A current, appropriate driver’s licence,
• A current First Aid Certificate,
• Restricted Driver Authorisation
Roles and responsibilities
• Driving clients to and from destinations in a safe and lawful manner,
• When necessary accompany clients into buildings and assist with access
• Reporting to the coordinator any issues, incidents or feedback relating to the service,
• Following reporting procedures for workplace health and safety, risk management and itinerary planning,
• Attending training programs and participate in service planning days,
• Maintaining current knowledge of the policies and procedures used by the service,
• Providing services to clients in a way which respects their rights and dignity,
• Assisting clients to access services, social outlets, and participation in community life,
• Sharing information with clients and the community including client rights and responsibilities, how to access the service and how to make a
complaint about the service,
• Documenting receival of monies from clients Contributions,
• Providing a service that accords respect and dignity to clients and empowers them to achieve maximum independence, and
• Being committed to quality; being flexible and responsive to the needs of clients.
• Work in accordance with the Graham House Community Centre Policy and Procedures and management practices.
• Comply with all WH&S requirements.
Personal qualities – it is important to have:
• A genuine desire to help people,
• Good communication skills, and
• Enthusiasm for the service you provide.
In accepting this position I agree to:
Abide by the policies and procedures of Graham House Community Centre as set out in the Policy and Procedure Manual which is available for perusal at all times
Maintain confidentiality regarding all clients, staff and committee members of Graham House Community Centre.
In accepting this unpaid commitment, Graham House Community Centre Management Committee agrees to:
Provide specific, appropriate training
Provide volunteer insurance cover
Reimburse expenses incurred in relation to duties upon production of appropriate receipts