PERSONAL HELPERS & MENTORS SERVICE
Personal Helpers and Mentors Service (PHaMs) is available to people aged 16 years and
over to assist in the recovery of mental health illness.
The service takes into account not just mental health issues but any additional physical and emotional wellbeing issues that impact on the participant’s mental health. Recovery is a personal journey that is driven by individual goals and helps participants to cope better with their illness and overcome difficulties and challenges that they face along the way.
The service does this by:
Supporting people to manage their daily activities
- Helping to access the services they need as required such as accommodation, social support, health, welfare and employment services
- Building personal capacity and self-reliance
- Increasing levels of community participation
- Providing increased opportunities for recovery for people whose lives are affected by mental health illness
- Taking a strength based recovery approach
The Personal Helpers
and Mentors Service is delivered in partnership with:
For more informaition Click Here